Sunday, October 17, 2010

What a week!

I knew that the school year would get busy :)  It always does.  Between hosting a film festival at school for our HS Spanish students and developing K-8 Spanish curriculum for younger students, I didn't have a chance to post any pictures last week.

I did, however, continue to make healthy, delicious lunches in my Planet Box.  It's funny...a lot of the other teachers at school remark that they wouldn't have time to make lunches like mine...but I tell them, that, really, I spend hardly ANY time making my lunches.

So...here they are...my lunches from last week...


On Monday and Tuesday, I had the same thing.  Grape tomatoes, kiwi, Triscuit thin crisps, cottage cheese, and a chocolate chip cookie bar.










Wednesday is the crazy day...I had a Chocolate Peppermint Stick Luna bar at noon and grape tomatoes, grapes, Triscuit thin crisps, Laughing Cow Sun-Dried Tomato Cheese and a chocolate pumpkin cupcake.








On Thursday, I took grapes, snap peas, a left over ham and cheese pocket, veggie chips, and another mini chocolate pumpkin cupcake.











Finally, on Friday, I had grapes, snap peas, Triscuit thin crisps, cottage cheese and a (squished) chocolate pumpkin cupcake.











Not a ton of variety...but better than grabbing school lunch, a frozen meal, or worse...

These were amazing:

Chocolate Pumpkin Cupcakes...
Ingredients:
1 box devil's food cake mix
1 can (16 oz) pumpkin
1 cup chocolate chips.

Mix the three ingredients together (don't prepare the cake mix...don't add oil or eggs...just mix the dry mix with the pumpkin)  
Pour into mini or regular cupcake pans.  
Bake at 350 for 15 min or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.

You can also use a yellow cake mix with butterscotch chips.  I'll have a few of those next week...but I honestly prefer the chocolate.  



No comments:

Post a Comment